1. When does registration start?
- Registration for Fall 2018 begins on June 1, 2018 at www.ggsl.org.
2. When does registration end?
- Registration ends on September 10, 2018; however, some teams will fill up long before then. Don’t wait to register!
3. How much are the registration fees?
- The registration fee for Fall is $50.
4. When does the season begin?
- The fall program begins on September 8 and runs for 6 Saturdays, through October 13.
5. Can I get a refund?
- Please see the refund policy on this website.
6. What does my child receive from GGSL?
- Players will receive a t-shirt and 6 weeks of soccer games.
7. What equipment does my child need?
- Each player must have a pair of cleats, shin guards and a soccer ball.
8. When will the schedule be released?
- Schedules will be released by August 21, 2018.
9. Can I volunteer to be a coach?
- If you are interested in coaching, please register on the website ASAP. Please indicate your child's name and level in the comments section.
10. When are practices?
- Practice times are determined by each coach at the start of the season. No extra practices are offered for TYKES or 6U.
11. Can my child play up (or down)?
- All players must play in the age-appropriate group (based on birth year) regardless of size or ability. This is a New York State West Youth Soccer Association rule. The age matrix can be found here.
12. Can I request a coach?
- No, but you can request to not have a certain coach. Our coaches change from year to year and their child may no longer be in the same age group as yours. Also, we like our players to get new experiences and perspectives from different coaches!
13. Can I request that my child be on the same team with another player (for carpool purposes, because they are neighbors, best friends, classmates, played together last year, etc.)?
- No, unless children are siblings and are age appropriate, no special requests will be accepted. Making new friends is part of the GGSL experience! We try to place players with classmates; however, when a team is full, new registrants will be placed on open teams, regardless of school. Register EARLY!