1. When does registration start?
- Registration for Summer 2019 begins on November 1, 2018 at www.ggsl.org.
2. When does registration end?
- Registration ends on March 31, 2019; however, some teams will fill up long before then. Don’t wait to register!
3. How much are the registration fees?
- The regular registration fee for 2019 is $110. However, registration in November is only $75! (Sibling discounts do not apply in November) Registration in December is $100.
4. Is there a sibling discount?
- Starting December 1, each additional sibling receives a $10 discount.
5. When does the season begin?
- The summer program begins in mid May and concludes on SoccerFest weekend, July 20-21, 2019.
6. Can I get a refund?
- Please see the refund policy on this website.
7 What does my child receive from GGSL?
- Players will receive uniforms and 10 weeks of soccer games and practices.
8. What equipment does my child need?
- Each player must have a pair of cleats, shin guards and a soccer ball.
9. When will the schedule be released?
- Schedules will be released by April 30, 2019.
10. Can I volunteer to be a coach?
- If you are interested in coaching, please register on the website ASAP. Please indicate your child's name and level in the comments section.
11. When are practices?
- Practice times are determined by each coach at the start of the season. No extra practices are offered for TYKES or 6U.
12. Can my child play up (or down)?
- All players must play in the age-appropriate group (based on birth year) regardless of size or ability. This is a New York State West Youth Soccer Association rule.
13. Can I request a coach?
- No, but you can request to not have a certain coach. Our coaches change from year to year and their child may no longer be in the same age group as yours. Also, we like our players to get new experiences and perspectives from different coaches!
14. Can I request that my child be on the same team with another player (for carpool purposes, because they are neighbors, best friends, classmates, played together last year, etc.)?
- No, unless children are siblings and are age appropriate, no special requests will be accepted. Making new friends is part of the GGSL experience! We try to place players with classmates; however, when a team is full, new registrants will be placed on open teams, regardless of school. Register EARLY!